Friday 6 January 2017

Primary Audience Research: Questionnaire

Create your own user feedback survey



What is the importance of primary research?


The primary research which I conducted was highly important as it granted me further knowledge about music magazines, and the types of audiences they appeal to. Primary research is essential to help determine how I should progress with the production of my magazine. I constructed a questionnaire consisting of ten questions which allowed me to understand what is required for the production of my magazine. The questions involved simple option boxes which was fairly quick to answer. There was also a question which asked to specify his/her's favourite artist. Overall, I was able to understand what the audience want and able to pinpoint a target audience for my magazine. 

Advantages of questionnaires:

  • Easy way of collecting and analysing data
  • The format is familiar with most people, so it will be fairly simple.
  • They are straightforward.
  • The results are immediate.
  • The respondent is not pressured into answering anything, they have time. 

Disadvantages of questionnaires:

  • Some of the questions may be skipped.
  • Some respondents may give inaccurate answers.
  • There is no way of validating the results.
  • Some people may be irked by the questionnaire.
  • Not effective for in depth investigation. 

Who did I ask and why?

I sampled ten students in my year to answer my questionnaire. This is because the students in my year are more into music and magazines compared to other year groups. 

How has this research been beneficial?

In conclusion, this research has been highly beneficial to me in the production of my music magazine. I was able to conclude a sub-genre for my music magazine, prior to the results of the most favourited music genres. This benefited me as it set me up for the next stage. Also, this researched helped me to find out about targeted age and gender which further steered me to precise my music magazine and identify a target audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photography commentary